This treat box can be adapted to suit any occasion including birthdays, bridal and baby showers, Easter and Halloween.
You will need:
- Card stock or DSP paper
- Whisper White card stock
- Double sided tape
- A food safe bag
- Coordinating ribbon or twine
- 1-3/4 inch scallop punch
- 1-3/8 inch circle punch
- Greeting of your choice
- Coordinating ink pad
1. Trim your paper to make a 5inch x 10inch rectangle
2. On the short edge, score at 1.5 inches
3. On the long edge, score at 8.5 inches, 5.5 inches, 4 inches and 1inch as seen in the picture below.
6. Fold along the remaining score lines.
7. Attach double sided tape to the larger flaps as shown below. Using two pieces of tape (one near the fold and one near the edge) will secure the box better. Also place tape on the 1 inch edge to help close the box as you fold it around
8. Seal it all up! If you have used DSP or other designer paper, you will be able to pinch the sides in a little to give it a different look. If you have used card stock, it is a little bit thicker and won't pinch in as well, but give it a try!
10. This next step is optional, but does look great. Using the scallop punch and coordinating paper (in this case, I just reversed the paper) make a little tag for the front of your bag. Choose a sentiment that matches your special occasion and stamp it on to some whisper white card stock. Punch it out using the circle punch and attach it to the scallop shape already punched out. Attach to your box with double sided tape or dimensionals for a little bit of a lift.
And there you have it, a simple, and beautiful treat box!